Friday, January 20, 2012

Day 19 of 30-Day Charity Challenge



When most think of hungry people they think of third world countries. However, after my Wednesday night class I realized that hunger exists here in America. It exists here and is actually a bigger problem than I ever thought. 1 in 6 Americans struggle with hunger, that means you can say millions of Americans go hungry. I never would have thought that hunger was such an issue here at home. I decided for day 19 to set up a monthly donation to "Feeding America". This organization uses multiple different programs to fight hunger all around America. The monthly donation that I committed is small but will provide 40 meals every month or 480 meals this year. Check out more about Feeding America and see how you can help. Donating only $1 = 8 meals. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeff, I read about your charity challenge in the Des Moines Register and have been following along on your blog daily since then. Thanks for your spirit of generosity! You are making a difference!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete