Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 25-31 of 30-Day Charity Challenge

Okay, so day 25 through 31 I decided to change bad habits into good ones. Everyday I commute from Waukee to Iowa Falls, a total of three hours a day. I always stop by a convenience store along the way and either buy soda, coffee, and a snack. Why is this a bad habit? I consider it a bad habit because I have noticed a few added pounds around the ol belly, and I spend an average of 3 to 4 dollars every morning. The 25th through 31st I decided to change my habits and rather than spend 3 dollars a day, donate 3 dollars a day. During the 6 days I saved $18, it may not sound like a lot but if I did this every work day for one month I would save a total of $75 per month, and $900 in one year. I decided to donate the $18 to the H.I.K.E Foundation.
Matt Birk's HIKE Foundation was established to provide at-risk children with the educational opportunities needed to excel in the classroom and in life.  The HIKE Foundation impacts the lives of at-risk children by providing interactive programs and resources needed to guide a child through the key educational transitions between elementary, middle, high school and college. Click here to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment