Friday, March 9, 2012

Mobile Hunger Fight.

During my visit to a small middle school in Redfield, IA I was trying to inspire some students when I was inspired by them. During my presentation about giving to the 50 some middle school students I was blown away. While I was speaking about my favorite charity, Meals From The Heartland, and explaining how a little money can go a long way two students inspired me. They dug into their pockets and pulled out two crumpled up one dollar bills and an assortment of coins, all adding up to $5.25 and gave it to me. They asked me to donate the money for them. Since then I have been planning on starting a mobile hunger fight at their school. I want them to see how a little time and effort and their $5.25 can feed the starving. I just recently got the okay to go through with my plans, and we will pack meals at their school on April 5th. I will be using the manpower of 200 students to pack as many meals as we possible can. My goal is to pack 10,000 meals. Now the students and I cannot do this by ourselves. We need the financial help of others to purchase the materials for these 10,000 meals. So my goal for the month is to raise $2000. This will be a great cause that will affect thousands of people. It will teach 200 students about giving, it will feed thousands, and it will bring blessings to anyone who helps. Please consider helping our cause with your financial support. Any dollar amount helps, like Mother Teresa said "If you can't feed 100 then feed 1." One meal from Meals From The Heartland cost 20 cents and 1 package of meals cost $1.20.
There are a few ways you can help. You can click on the DONATE button to the right of this blog or you could click HERE to make your tax deductible donation.

2 comments:

  1. How about an address so I can send a check to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure!
    381 NE Kingwood Waukee, IA 50263

    If you would like your donation to be tax deductible you can do it through MFTH website at this link. http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=1015016&lis=0&kntae1015016=D4F633B5A2944CD49E6BEF94D783A531&supId=348970215

    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete