Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 13 of 30-Day Charity Challenge

Mentoring Month

The Des Moines I Have a Dream Foundation informed me that this month is mentoring month and gave me the idea to send a thank you letter to a mentor. My aunt Lori was the first person that came to mind. Even though Lori hasn't directly mentored me in a side by side setting she has inspired me. In fact when I came up with Give(3) one of my Goals was to be more like Lori. She has a big heart and would help anyone in need. She has helped people from the complete stranger on the street, to even helping me pay for my tuition. In the email that I sent to Lori I basically told her that she inspires me and that I strive to be more like her. Currently Lori and Doug are looking into becoming foster parents. Apparently Fort Dodge only has 5 foster families, so Lori and Doug are taking it upon themselves to help these kids in need. She said that the the adoption process is expensive and not everyone can afford to adopt so Iowa Kids Net accepts monetary donations. Click here to learn more about Iowa Kids Net and how you could help local children in need of a good family. Once again thanks to Lori and Doug for being great people. Who in your life reminds you of people like Lori and Doug?

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! So glad to have been part of your journey. - Brianne from IHAD.

    ReplyDelete