Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 22 of 30-Day Charity Challenge

Seven Gives, One Purchase

Day 22 I used the list of businesses that I compiled on day 21 to give. ChangeJars is a website that you can use to buy stuff, and a percentage goes to a cause that you choose from 7 different causes. After you choose a jar (cause) you then choose a place to shop. Simply by shopping you will help the cause that you chose. I chose the "common good jar" it helps all 6 causes evenly. I then chose Amazon, and purchased a book that I sent to Jaime's Kindle. As result a percentage of my purchase went to: The United Way, Wildlife Conservation Society, Kiva, Boys & Girls Club, Human Rights Watch, Cancer Research Institute, and I also put a smile on Jaime's face too. There you have it, a simple way to give. Buy a gift for someone, and help 6 other causes. To check out ChangeJars click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment