Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 23 of 30-Day Charity Challenge


Alabama Tornado

I was watching the news on Monday, and saw the devastating tornado that hit Alabama. First it’s shocking to see a tornado this time of year. Secondly it’s shocking because the tornado hit the same spot that was hit last year. I thought of how I could help all the people who are displaced by this tornado. I decided the Red Cross of Alabama would probably be the best choice.  The Red Cross was on the scene right away with food, water, and shelter. A few weeks ago I was serving some people from the Red Cross. During their meal a large fire broke out in eastern Iowa. It was interesting to see, and hear the way the team came together to get necessary help to the scene of the fire. I heard them planning everything from shelter to coffee. They worked swiftly, and were very organized in helping the fire victims. I know my financial donation will be used well on the ground in Alabama. To help the Alabama Red Cross click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment