Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 15 of 30-Day Charity Challenge

Tonight was kind of a random act of kindness that some may not agree with. After work I stopped by a bar and grill that is down the block from my place. I ordered a burger and a couple beers. While I was there I noticed a man who obviously had way too much to drink. It seemed he was just having a rough night; he was mentioning his girlfriend a lot and I figured he was trying to drown some sorrows. When he tried to leave, the bartender would not allow it due to the amount of alcohol he consumed. He was pretty understanding but also upset that he was unable to leave. After speaking to this man, I figured he was just having a bad night and I offered to buy him a cab home. I gave him $30 and told him that I wished him the best, and to have a great night. After he accepted the money and waited for the cab I was surprised when he gave me the money back and thanked me for the nice gesture. He told me to watch the movie called "Pay It Forward" he left the building and said "Thank You" once again. I have never seen the movie but I was actually touched to think I was put through a test of kindness and I passed. I will be finding that movie soon.

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous movie. Make sure you have tissues, especially since you are over halfway done with your challenge. Good on you mate!

    ReplyDelete